Studio Benna has launched a newly designed website at: http://www.studiobenna.com/. These guys have everything! If you need any audio or video help go check them out. They can do TV Commercials, Radio Commercials, Photography, Live Broadcasts and more. They have a beautiful facility that caters to everyone’s needs. Studio Benna is going to be a great asset to the Reno/Sparks area!
We recently designed a great new website for Innovative Cabinet and Design. They are located in southern Reno and can do all of your cabinet and countertop installs throughout Northern Nevada, including Lake Tahoe, the Carson Valley, the Truckee Meadows, the North Valleys area, Fernley, Fallon, and beyond. Give them a call at 775-355-1102 or just go check out their website at: innovativecabinetsanddesign.com or icdreno.com
Inventive Web Design announces the launch of Weigl Concrete’s website. This was a great, family owned and run business to work with. Go check out their new site to find out more about their services.
Inventive Web Design would like to announce the launch of a new website for Jam On It. We have worked with Matt Williams and his team to build a new and improved site. It includes a responsive web design that allows for access from any device. Jam On It offers one of the largest youth basketball tournaments under one roof, as well as, travelling teams and even lessons. Go check them out at: www.jamonit.org
Inventive Web Design would like to announce the new Sparks Museum & Cultural Center website. We did a soft-launch a few months ago but the site is up and running great with wonderful response from their patrons. Learn more about this local gem, great historical information and a beautiful cultural center that was recently remodeled (mostly by volunteers). A great place to hold your next event!
Check them out at: http://sparksmuseum.org/
The number of websites out there today are in the millions. Internet users in the North America alone are over 270 million. So how do you get your site noticed? Many of my clients are small business owners that are competing for a piece of the local market and they all want to be number one on the search engines. You can read every article out there about getting there but the fact is competition is tough. You can try to get links to your site from other companies and make sure your site is using good SEO practices. These are all important but they take time. Your web site will creep up the list but what can you do to get noticed online today? Here are some ideas.
Be active with your site
Add a blog to your site. Post news about your company. It can be anything from a job that you recently completed to some simple tips about keeping your product clean and working for your clients. You want to give them a reason to visit your site again and in the mean time add new content to your site. Even if you post only once a week or once a month, you still have a higher probability to increase the popularity of your site than if it just sits there doing nothing. The more the search engines see new content published on your site the more they will come back and the more you will move up in their rankings.
Come check out this great international website! Based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Compass Logistics offers freight forwarding services to assist in getting shipments across oceans and through customs with speed and efficiency. It was a pleasure to work with Alejandro Arlotti and since Inventive Web Design offers bilingual (Spanish <> English) translation services in connection with Linardi Translations it was easy to for him to get a site that reaches two of the most popular languages in the world!
- Redesign your site: You should think about adding a winter/christmas theme to your website. To capture the festive mood that everyone is in you should be adding some holiday elements to your site. This will make people want to stay longer on your site and shop around a little. You can add a little snow covering to your existing design or have Santa landing on the top of your site. Talk to your web designer for more ideas about a Christmas or New Year’s layout.
- Coupons and Discounts: You may be planning to have several discounts and offers on your products or services over the Holiday Season. These offers will bring you business while offering your customers a little bit of savings. So how are they going to find your special offers. If you already have a strong Social Media base you should be letting your followers know on a regular basis. Send out tweets and updates daily at different times of the day. There are sites out there that allow you to set up a schedule of updates so you can just work for an hour or so setting it up for the entire season. If you don’t have any social media, we suggest emailing your current clients and even advertising on popular web directories or online advertisers like Google Adwords.
Announcing the launch of www.FreeInReno.com. You can find many free things to do and see in the Reno/Tahoe area.
If you have a free event to tell people about, just submit it and we’ll put it on the site! Want to get rid of something for nothing. We’ll be happy to post it.
Come see what it is all about: www.FreeInReno.com.
Knowing what you want out of your web site is key to the success of your new web design. Helping your web designer understand what you want is just as important.
Ask yourself the following:
1. What is the main purpose and what are the secondary goals of the web site?
2. Who is your target audience? Think about who will normally use your site, their occupation, gender, age range, nationality, etc.
3. What might a normal user do on your site? Will they look for contact/company info, purchase something, make inquiries, sign up for a newsletter, login/register, etc.?
4. What is the overall message you are trying to convey to your target audience (informative, entertaining,
5. How will you convey this message (through the design, content, etc)?
6. How will you measure the success of the site?
7. Who is your competition (give the name and website of at least 2)?